Phillip Breker, owner of PhotoRx Media and Coteau des Prairies Lodge’s very own media guru, put on his first photography workshop on August 15-17th at the lodge. PhotoRx Getaway is designed to help beginner DSLR photographers get out of ‘auto’ mode and harness their creativity. But not only did attendees master their cameras at the scenic Coteau des Prairies Lodge, they ate amazing food, got plenty of fresh air and had way too much fun!
Attendees had their thinking caps on all weekend as Phillip lead them through the following three classroom sessions:
- Exposure and composition. The science and art of photography.
- Manual operation. Getting out of ‘auto’ mode.
- Organizing and editing photos with Adobe Lightroom.
To put their new knowledge to work, attendees participated in three ‘field’ class sessions:
- *Optional* sunrise shoot. Consider yourself lucky to see Phillip out of bed that early!
- Pasture hike around Coteau des Prairies Lodge, featuring native prairie grasses, wildflowers and insects with sweeping landscapes, photogenic beef cattle and unlimited cow pies.
- Farm tour on the 3,000 acre Joe Breker farm. Among other stops, this year we visited Joe and his cover crop planter, we descended upon the Breker wheat harvest crew, we galavanted down main street in Rutland and Phillip even got the tour bus stuck. It took 12 ladies to push him out (see photo below).
Take a look at some of the great photos from the weekend. Click on the image below to open the photo gallery.
Don’t beat yourself up if you wanted to be there and missed out, more PhotoRx Getaways are on the way. Mark your calendar for June 19-21st and October 9-11th, 2015 for the next PhotoRx Getaways! Stay tuned for details and registration information.